The library subscribes to OverDrive, a service which allows our patrons to download electronic books and audiobooks to their computers or to certain handheld devices. Find out if your eBook reader or device is compatible with OverDrive.Are you an e-book lover? Click here.
How do I get started?
- Click the image at the top of this page. This will take you to our “Virtual Branch” website.
- Browse the collection, or use the search box at the top of the page to search by title, subject, author, format, and other criteria.
- Add selections to your ‘Cart.” Note: If a title is not available, you may place a hold. You will receive an email when the title is available for checkout.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ link, choose Six Mile Regional Library District, then enter your library card number and PIN number (your PIN number is the last four digits of your telephone number).
- Click on the ‘Download’ button under each title to launch OverDrive Media Console (for audiobooks, music, and video), or other software for eBooks.
- Select parts to download (if audiobooks, music, and video), then click on ‘OK’. The download will begin.
If you need additional help, click the ‘Quick Start Guide’ in the top right-hand corner of the “Virtual Branch” website, or call the library to set up a one-on-one appointment for assistance.